View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
doing what You're Supposed To Do with crap unimproved aces in these situations ta 20/40 is costing me money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a prolific flop checker after raising preflop when I have 3 opponents or more and maybe that is a leak of mine, but with two opponents I virtually always bet. If I understand correctly the reason you are "supposed to" bet is that you are getting at least 6 to 1 odds and if you check they may very well take the pot away from you with a worse hand or with a turned better hand that you gave unlimited odds to on the flop. If they both fold immediately on the flop more than 1 time in 7 then your bet is profitable even if you have blank cards. Combine that with the chances that you get it heads up and make it to the showdown for 1 more big bet, and the flop bet that you feel like you are pissing away is nearly mandatory in my opinion.

I often check with 3 opponents or more because the chances that either they all fold immediately to the flop bet or that one of them just calls with a worse hand seems to drop more than the extra money in the pot can compensate for. Should I usually be betting the flop with Ace high even against 3 opponents after raising preflop?

Thanks,
Cartman