View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
I just realized something while sitting on my thinking throne (aka crapper).

It will be quite infeasible to actually have PT auto-importing while you run this mining program. Let me elaborate. I intend to use this to basically mine every party game with 9+ players at 1,000NL and up, and 10/20 and up. There are approx 80 such tables open on any given night.

I have actually managed to open all of them (~80) manually and tried having PT auto-import from those 80 HHF files, but those 80 tables use so much of my system resources, that trying to have PT auto-import from them while they were all open would invariably cause my system to crash or act all crazy (and i have a decent system w/ 1Gig of RAM). This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

So the solution I came up with was to just let the HHF files accumulate, and then BEFORE CLOSING THE PARTY CLIENTS, copy them to a desktop folder I created just for this purpose (so they aren't erased when u close the Party clients). Then I close all the Party clients and re-copy those HHF files into the Party parent directory (where the HHF files are spawned in the first place), and THEN open up PT and auto-import them all (because then the actual tables won't be open, so it won't tax your system as much). After a full night's worth of mining, that auto-import captures around 20 - 30 thousand hands and takes 1 to 2 hours.

But as far as I can tell, that's really the only way to do it...so something for those of you planing on mining very large number of tables will probably want to devise some scheme like this, because a straight auto-import of 80+ tables (with the mining program continuously opening and closing tables and PT trying to auto-import everything) will tax your system to the point of inoperability.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if this was done automatically for you you might appreciate not having to do the work?

I'll put a poll in here for people