View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: a couple of notes on the live at the bike....from seat 2

[ QUOTE ]
You don't really mention it much but what was the conversation between the two of you on running the river? The mics there didn't really cover that very well and the commentators at the time seemed confused as to why you both have turned up your cards before seemingly any betting was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

before the river was dealt i asked seat 5 if he wanted to make a deal, i wanted to run the river twice (since my best bet is to chop, i won't win 2/3 very often, but i'm almost even money if we run it twice) however like the idiot that i am in the past i had explained the concept of how many times to run it to him (because he is a nice guy, i play with him almost every day, and the majority of the time when we both get it all in he is drawing practically dead) and so he would only run it 1 or 3 times.
i almost decided to run it just once, rather then concede 2/3 of the pot, but at the last second decided against it, then hit the queen right on the first time.
so after that i had two chances to hit one heart and get 2/3 of the pot so i loved my position, however i couldn't hit so mike took down a nice pot.