View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Blowing a $600 profit in under 5 minutes- how bad did i play? $200NL

#1, you pushed into a potential flopped straight. no no no no no, never do this, ever. unless its you with the straight.
#2. see #1 above. Ya did it again.
#3 Here you have the second best straight. K,J is the winning straight. The flush draw is a nice little extra for your hand though. The raise tells me he has you at least tied. I like the push to try to get him to fold. Did you hit the flush?
In general: this does look like tilt. We've all been there. along with it goes this feeling of "entitlement" that gets us to thinking that "this hand is mine" , even if we don't have the best hand. This attitude will break you very quickly.
the other thing here is, you are up huge just before all this happens. I have an index card that reminds me often that " It's much harder to hang on to poker winnings than to make them." I've often lost a big stack right back to the table and left with less than i started with. Now, i often leave a table if i'm way up. This starts me out on a new table with a small stack again. This is good. It keeps me cautious. It keeps me "humble"... i'm still not "the king of poker".....that kind of thing. We must learn to keep that ego in check.
Hope this helps.