View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Need advice on these hands

There's that name again. That teecoy has been on one incredible run. I watched some of that final table last night. He won that large $30 tourney, was at the final of Wed $10 rebuy, won a $55 rebuy, and several other money finishes, so he's attracted quite a following on this run. He's an excellent player, but he's also been running unimaginably good. Didn't he flop a set of sevens against Kings at that final, I think that's where he really built his stack. Was that against you? He'll likely take TLB weekly leader for two consecutive weeks, quite an accomplishment. Anyway...

KK hand, gimme a break. Of course you call, what a chance to build an even greater chip lead! Did he have AA, or suckout?

K6 hand I think you played fine. Calling a min raise is ok, but you can get in trouble if a K flops. Once you make the flush you can check to very aggressive players and let them hang themselves. With fishys, you can bet out and get a loose call. He had 2 pair so he was going all the way regardless.

HU hand. Calling with 97s isn't horrible HU, you have to play hands against aggressive players, but 97 isn't a reraising hand so a call is fine. I'd probably bet less on the flop, but then I usually underbet the pot on the flop. Then maybe you can get away from it if he raised the pot and give him credit for the K. I think that pot sized bet really committed you too much. If he doesn't get a piece, he likely folds to a smaller bet as much as he does to the larger bet. This is a tough one HU, I don't think the all-in is terrible as a semi-bluff as you're going to get many hands he has to fold. His minimum raise makes me a little suspicious, like he wants a call, and he's almost pricing you in to hit the club. But then as you say, you're left with few chips if you call and miss and he moves in on the turn. So it seems like you're a bit pot stuck here. That happens at these final tables as the blind are so high as to not give you much room to manuever.

Congrats on the 2nd place finish!