View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Who raises this river?

The river is the only postflop street that I think you played correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (17 SB) J, A, Q (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you not raising this flop? I think you should raise both for value and to give naked Kings and Tens less favorable odds to draw to their gusthots.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (10.50 BB) T (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 raises, SB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone raise the turn? I figured the only hand I could KO that I wanted out would be an underpair, and given the strong split possibility I didn't think an extra bet from 2pairs would be worth much edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say here? You've got the nuts. Why are you just calling? You should be putting in as many bets as possible on 4th street. You're not concerned with "KO'ing" anybody at this point, least of all, an underpair, which would be drawing thin to a split against you. By the way, you have the nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (22.50 BB) T (4 players)
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spot. I think you're probably splitting this pot three ways. But I think you'd have more information about your opponents hands if you had been aggressive on the flop and turn.

NOTE: do not include results (you didn't here) or the decision you made and the resulting action when you're asking for comments on what action to take at a specific point in a hand (i.e., knowing that you just called and that MP called behind closing the action colors what I think about MP's holding and may affect my advice on whether or not to raise the river).