Thread: Donkin' at me.
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Donkin\' at me.

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see how you can arguee a call here. I am totally shocked at some of the responses. You cannot assume every time someone bets into you they are bluffing. In fact when a player bets into a preflop raiser its fair to say he understand he probably gets raised. If you can't fold this hand then i cant see too many flops you will ever be able to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose you fold here. Why is it not extremely profitable for him to donk every single flop, getting 5:1 odds? On what percentage of these situations do you expect to have some sort of pair?

Furthermore yes, if we were the type of person who folds this flop a lot, his optimal play would be to to bluff most of the time.

Edit: Dangerfish, I went back and read your other posts and it seems that you're a touch inexperienced, at least at shorthanded play. Shorthanded games are aggressive, for good reason. When it's 5 to the flop in a ring game, bluffing isn't a huge factor. When it's just you and someone else, you have to consider

(1) That a single bet by you might make your opponent fold, winning you the whole pot

(2) Your opponent may be thinking the same thing, and it becomes right to call when you think there's a small chance you're ahead, even with Ace high, in hopes that he'll stop bluffing you on a later street. Thus, it becomes more expensive for your opponent to bluff.