View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: QJo ISOLATION RAISE ATTEMPT GONE WRONG?

Why the caps in the thread topic?

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

goal was just to isolate mp2, getting 3-bet sucked but still thought my hole cards are live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd want something a little stronger to isolate with, especially if the SB is a time bomb, but whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (10.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

planned to peel 1 and evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

well, i just didnt think a raise would make him fold or if i can actually value bet this considering he actually may have some hand since he keeps betting out of position and if he does have garbage it induces another bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yes you can raise for value! The flop didn't help him for sure, and unless he has AJ/KJ or an overpair you're almost certainly ahead. I'm pretty sure you fare favorbly against his rather loose raising standards, so raise it up. Play poker if he 3-bets.

[ QUOTE ]
River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

does this pot warrant a call? highly likely he calls one back if i bluff-raise. or a fold and give him credit for a better hand? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you call this? Don't tell me you're scared of the flush, and this isn't exactly some new source of aggression you're facing.