View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 1/2 live OMGWTFLOL

On hand one, I would check the turn. He may have bet the flop with a jack to disguise his hand since he figures you wouldn't put him on that if he bet right out. Or he may have bet some kind of weaker pocket pair or possibly a 4 or total bluff. By checking the turn, you may induce him to bluff a hand on the river he would have folded to a turn bet and you avoid getting checkraised by a jack. As played, I think I check behind on the river - if he didn't have you beat already, there is a good chance he does now. And if he has less than aces up, I don't know that he calls the river unless he is quite awful considering just about any hand you could have would now beat jacks up.

On hand two, it depends on the guy. Will he valuebet any two pair here? What about something like KJ with the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Or would he be more prone to check anything you are beating behind? Against a player who doesn't like to miss bets, I may check-call b/c I know a bet will most likely go in whether I'm ahead or behind. Against an opponent who would not bet unless he had a set (which I beat), straight or better, I would bet and hope to get calls from hands that wouldn't check if I bet.

Jeff