View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Double Up Method - Could it work?

sportypicks

I was not saying that one should always find a team that has lost the first two of a four game series and bet that team. That would be a recipe for disaster. My point was that in baseball you can learn to spot trends that work for a specific team/specific pitcher and utilize these trends for a maximum profit. I used the one case as an example -- this particular team (in this particular season) would always bounce back after losing the first two of a four-game series. Certain pitchers will behave in a certain way under certain circumstances. Studying and religiously following the sport (get the MLB Extra Innings via satellite and watch as many games as possible) will pay great dividends. That's my own opinion and it has paid off well for me -- baseball is generally my only truly profitable sport and it always bankrolls my football and college basketball betting.

I am never in favor of the Martingale system. But if you insist on using it (i don't) pick your spots. Don't just jump in randomly and hope that the team you picked is going to win one "eventually".