View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Two hands that crippled me in Stars 25K

[ QUOTE ]
Bet half the pot on the first hand if you want to take a shot at it...you overbet and lost more than you had to. By betting half the pot it needs to work 1 out of 3 times to break even...

[/ QUOTE ]
Two things about this - 1. I'm not convinced I don't take this down enough to make the bet worth it - it seemed like a tight table, though making that assumption after 4 hands may be way too soon, and 2. I think there is obvious value in winning the bet, but also some value in getting caught. Villain in the 2nd hand said he thought I was stealing again, which ended up crippling me, but that increases the value of this raise, right? If I had made the bet you recommended and BB went all-in, it wouldn't necessarily have looked like I was bluffing. Part of the reason I liked the size of the bet is that the BB, who was the short stack in the hand, had to make a decision for his whole stack. He may have called a smaller bet, but this put him on a decision for his entire stack.

I will often bet 1/2 the pot in this situation, but against three opponents I think the bigger bet is stronger. But maybe this is something I should consider changing.

[ QUOTE ]

2nd hand is straight bad beat...most people on this forum will see it as that and nothing more. Be happy getting your money in is as a 3:1 favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah sorry about that.