View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: How do deal with this guy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At any point a player who is risking his money can leave the game. But "cashing down" during a game...we don't allow it if even a single person objects.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the best way to deal with this fish. Tell him straight out, "OK, I'm fine with it... when you want to do it we'll put it to a vote. It's not a democracy, it's a f'in jury dude, if ONE person objects then it's a no-go, you gotta either stand up or leave it on the table."

[/ QUOTE ]
Smoore - I'm almost always with you and this was my initial response too. Then I went back to the OP. Dropping 2 full buy-ins in a 1/2 home game playing standard 7 stud, Omaha, Texas & draw takes a lot of work. If the guy is truly that loose, then my inclination would be to allow him to rat-hole his buy-in. He'll be down way more often then he'll be up.

However if they are playing games with lots of wild cards, or Night Baseball, 727, between-the-sheets, then it is more about the GAMBOOOL and I wouldn't allow it. Cheapo will be sucking life out of the game.

We had a player who complained about this too. He's a good friend and it turned out that he was saving up to buy a house. The bride was giving him the frying pan when he came home $50 light. Because it's a friendly game, we offered to lower the stakes to .5/1. We also told him that maybe he should take a break from the game until after he bought his house. Eventually another guy bought him SS and told him to tighten up his game. He breaks even or is only down a little at the end of the night and everyone still has a good time.