View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: KQ...flop check okay?

A. I avoid a flop raise, thus keeping the pot small until the turn, i conceal my hand by check-calling (not really conceal, but i overepresent it, i suggest that a draw card may help me which is important since there are a lot of turn cards that complete draws), and I keep some of his made hands honest (like black jacks and T9) honest on the turn when I check again (because of a bad turn card) since I check-called. If i check again on the turn because of an ugly card, they will be less likely to bluff because of an ugly card. If I bet the turn because of a safe card, my stop and go may suggest a flush (it is confusing, not necessarily, but they'll find less reason to inflate the pot with say a red AK with only one card to come)..

basically it keeps the pot small, keeps em honest, and overrepresents my hand on a lot of turn cards. peace

do you agree?

wouldnt you hate to be raised by AK of diamonds with a black KQ on this board? you can't possibly call comfortably and all you've done is let them inflate the pot with a hand you often can't call a turn bet with. Thats why calling 32 here is better then actually betting 32, betting 32 doesnt end the action. But, you would rather have them bet once, check-call, and then bet the turn on a safe turn?

sorry for the stream of consciousness reply