View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: sng\'s and stop losses

Certainly nothing scientific, but I do have a pattern that works well for me - serving as an exercise in both self-motivation and self-control.

I 2-table the $13 and $38 6-seaters on Stars. I always start the night on the $13's. I don't move up to the $38's until I cash on a $13. If it only takes one game, then up I go. If it takes 2 or 3, so be it.

I'll then stay at the $38's until I fail to cash in two consecutive games. When/if this happens...back down I go, and start over.

I'm using a 'rolling BR' method someone on here suggested a couple months ago. I'm playing about half & half at these levels. So this method also serves as a good way to get a balanced mix.

More importantly, it motivates me to play my top game at all levels. I want to move up & and I want to stay there. And finally, the discipline saves me from tilting....wanting to 'get it back quick' when I take a bad beat at the higher level.

I only play a couple hundred a month - probably wouldn't work for the full time folks that need sheer volume. But would probably fit most part-timers.