View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: limit O8 - betting top two pair or a set on the turn (or not)

I apologize for the misread regarding the preflop raise. I thought he had. Nevertheless, I agree with yours and Chaos's view also with the play of this hand from the flop forward. No! The turn is not a good card for Hero's hand, but I feel betting will work out best overall more times than not with these conditions. I just have the approach that giving free rides in O8 is one of the worst things you can do. The game is so multi-dimensional that nearly every river card besides a pair will make a flush or straight. It is extremely rare when a set is the best possible hand. Therefore, if you can get rid of any players with a bet, take the chance everytime. I have a fairly strong image at the table and can usually flush 1 or 2 players out each betting round. I pick my spots naturally. I did remark however in my last post, that without the flush draw I really don't like the hand much anymore.

*If the low, a straight, or a flush is already possible then you have to back off. It's a big dog and a crying call most of the time against a field of 3 opponents. I don't feel it conservative, just wise Buzz.

JMO - Knoll