View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: The one thing that I can\'t control

[ QUOTE ]
I have a MTT addiction, and it seems that after I go on a MTT splurge, the same things happen! Realize, then actualize [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn, sorry about the Tony Robbins [censored], that sounded cheezy. On a serious side though, once you realize what you're problems are, you can actively work to combat them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, kinda yeah. For the most part, when I am playing badly, I am playing too loosely (i.e. shoving A2o from hijack into a loose bb.) This is something that is easily correctable for me. The thing that I don't get is that some days there are times where I have a tremendous feel for all things going on at all 8 of my tables. I know who is doing what and how they will respond to what I do. I know when I am beat, I know when I am behind but will be able to get an opponent to fold, I know when my opponent is weak, but will probably bluff at a pot. On days like this I know when to make resteals, I know when I can call with ace high and my hand will be good. The problem is, that I am like this maybe only 45-50% of the days that I play. The other days everything is almost kind of hazy. I will make resteals and solid calls only to run into the nuts because my brain has seen me make these types of plays when I have had that "feel" and trys to replicate them without the "feel" (if this is something that you are unable to imagine check out Blair Rodman's explanation of laying down his set of 7s in the mtt forum on his day one trip report.) Is there a way that all of you out there who know what I am refering to condition yourself to play with that feel more often than not or even everytime that you sit down at a table?

Perhaps this would be better suited in the Psychology forum, but you are my boys.