View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: see mike push. push mike, push

"Or maybe you think it will happen at the table, as you think to yourself, "Right before I just caught that flush on the river and doubled up for the fourth time tonight and broke the whole game and sent all these saps home crying, I did not know how to play no-limit. But now I do. Cool."

no ive done that before a few times and i thought wow, i sure got lucky my hands held up and i was able to get all my money in preflop or on the flop against such dogs.

im still scared of big bet poker even when it's really little bet poker. i can sit there and eat a plate of pad thai at commerce and casually drop $5000 playing like turd in a limit game, but give me a good hand in a baby nl game and im just shaking in my boots looking for the first opportunity to push all my chips in so i dont have to make anymore decisions.

maybe it's the embarassment of calling when i have the worst hand for all my chips. im okay with pushing and then getting called with the nuts, but im too scared of checking and calling with second best for all the chips.

anyway all that aside what do you think of the way i played it preflop and on the flop? what wouldve been a better route?