View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:13 AM

Default QQ-no idea how to play this-badly butchered?

Party $25NL 6-max. I'm UTG with QQ. Villain just sat down at the table with a full stack and posts behind the button. I have never played with villain before, and since it is his first hand, I know absolutely nothing about how he plays.

pre-flop:
hero raises to $1.50,fold to villain,villain rerasies to $3,blinds fold,hero calls $1.50

flop 237r hero bets $4,villain raises to $8,hero calls $4

turn 6 hero checks, villain bets $4,hero calls $4

river 3 hero checks, villain checks

Comments on all streets.

My default line is that with no read pre-flop I assume a 2-bet is AA-JJ or AK. With QQ here I don't like to 3-bet against an unknown. With these small stack sizes my opinion is that if I were to 3-bet, the only way I don't get stacked is if he lets me off the hook easy and pushes his AA or KK pre-flop. If he were to flat call AA or KK, I'm getting broke on any under card flop.

Once that flop hit, I figure I'm either way ahead/way behind. If he pushed flop, I would probably puke and fold, but this min-raise could either be JJ (or maybe even something as weak as 99) or a missed AK putting me to the test.

How should situations like this be played. If I had a read on this guy it might play out easier, and my feeling is with $25 starting stacks, $10 already in the pot, and $17 behind, I have very little room to play. If I 3-bet flop, it's all in. I don't like folding to min-raise here, it seems too damn weak.