View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: BB Flush Draw - My First Winning Hand

You didnt play this hand that badly, but heres what I think.

Flush draws on the flop will come in about 1 in every 3 times by the river, so if you have at least 3 opponents in the hand it is correct to bet on the flop.

In your hand you also had a pair as well the flush draw, so you had 9 outs to make a flush and 5 outs to improve to 2 pair or a set. So betting on the flop was definitely correct.

You also should not worry too much about being beaten by a higher flush, because that does not happen very often (and the betting will usually give an indication if you are up against a higher flush).

I think you were also correct to call the 2 bets on the flop. In fact, I think capping the flop may have been even better, as I expect that there was a good chance that your opponents would all have called.

You were correct to call on the turn (and not raise), because the turn card did not improve your hand, but the pot was still more than big enough to make it worthwhile continuing. You were now about 4:1 to make your flush (9 outs), and about 2:1 to improve your hand (14 outs).

When you made your flush on the river, you would have been correct to raise MP2's bet. You could now only be beaten by a higher flush, and with MP2 betting on both the flop and turn it was more likely that he had something like Kx for top pair.

I hope that this is of help, and GSIHE is a good book to start with. May I suggest "Small Stakes Hold-Em" by the same author will be a good book to continue with.