View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: BB Flush Draw - My First Winning Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: You have at least 11 outs here (9 diamonds + 2 deuces). That means by the river you'll have about a 42% chance of having the best hand by the river.

You'll likely have 4 or 5 people in with you on the flop if you cap it, so you're only putting in 20-25% of the money on the flop with a 42% chance of winning. So you're making money with every bet that goes in on the flop, so you should not only call it but also cap it. In almost every case, you should never fold a 2-card flush draw before the river unless there's a double-paired/tripped up board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything here but capping the flop. I worry that we might drive out MP1 and his overcards if he has to call 2, leaving us with only 2 opponents. Also, I think that soft-pedaling, here, helps to conceal our hand, making it more likely we can check-raise and trap the field for big bets on the turn or river.

I also agree with not folding a 2-card flush draw, but understand there's a difference between that and a backdoor flush draw (where you have 2 of the suit in your hand but only 1 flops).