View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

One Year Ago
I had just started posting on 2+2 and had been lurking for about four months before. I had started playing poker online about 5 months earlier just to make enough money to pay for my NFL Sunday Ticket. By November I was at about $2000 from $100 playing $10 & $20 SNGs.

I won my first $10 MTT in November with only about 300 runners on Pokerroom. Then won a $20 MTT in December for a $700 score.

I set a goal for 2005 to turn my $2500 bankroll into a $12500 bankroll.

Started playing stud online in January and moved up from 1/2 to 4/8 in about a month and was killing a soft game for 3BB/hr.

I had won a couple of $10 MTTs in February and was playing well.

The last week of March I got really hot. I cashed in four straight 50 MTTs on UB winning two of them. My stud game also disapeared. But that's alright, I was already over my goal for the year.

I finished in the money in a few 30 MTTs in June. However, at this point I was only playing MTTs.

Put my wife through a couple of masters classes. That was $5000 gone.

New brakes and four new tires on the car. A really cool chainsaw on a 15' stick. Re-wired the house. Should have been an electrician they make good money.

By August I'm running really cold, tilting on some short handed 100NL not helping and not dropping stakes, really not helping. Down to $360 I decide to go back to $30 SNGs. Do pretty well for about a month and then go cold and blow my self down to about $30.

Play 6 $5 MTTs on Pokerroom. Finish second for 180 bucks on my last 5 dollars. Take that to a 25NL cash game and kill it until the end of September when I find out I owe about a grand in back taxes two days after I get back from a trip to Penn State.

Have $6 online by the end of October. Off to 1.75 two table turbos on Stars a couple of days a week. But I'm all the way up to $35 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Just biding my time until January when my fantasy football winnings come in and I can replenish my bankroll. I just hope my three first place teams stay there and give me a couple of grand to play with.

The moral of this story is you can lose a good bankroll from other ways then just running bad. Man this felt like a bad beat post to me.