View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: KQ flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. Checking that flop is horrible to whoever said that.

[/ QUOTE ]
im glad we now havea bonafide NLH authority on the board, cause i check this flop often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I would have written IMO but I didnt feel it was necessary. Since this is an internet discussion board IMO is a given. I never claimed that is the only way to pay it, IMO/ given the way I play, checking is horrible.

At this level, a continuation bet will take it down on the flop 50% of the time. I make that bet with 77, KK KQ or anything I raised with. I dont wnat to let up when I actually flop a hand and have people play back at me when I flop [censored] and raise so Ill play it like I would KK or AQ here and then he would be in for a world of hurt.

Once we are raised, it makes it harder to play but I feel pushinhg is the correct play for a few reasons.

1. We have decent equity against many of his possible hands.
Kings up, we have 48%. Set, we still have 29%. Straight gets a bit ugly, but 2 pair is much more likely IMO.

2. We have fold equity. He will definitly fold one pair, might fold KJ KT JT type hands. Since I feel these are all very possible, I think the fold equity is decent, actually as high as 30%

3. We do this when we have KK or AQ and this will allow us to get action on those hands. If he knows we push a hand like this, then he must call with KJ which could be drawing nearly dead when we have AQ KK JJ TT.

This is why I feel pushing is the best play. I could be very worng, but instead of making some smartass one-liner, please prove me wrong using logic and probabilities.