View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Heavy computer use and damage to your eyes. (o/t)

[ QUOTE ]
I do have astigmatisom and yes I do wear glasses...since third grade. I am also a pool player. My pool game used to be real good, but since I found online poker, my game has suffered. Not only from lack of interest (more money in poker) but I have noticed that I can't cut a ball like I used to. I used to be great at razor thin cuts. I find that I can no longer do it. It has to be a combonation from not playing pool every day during the past two years (gotta keep the edge) and from the fuzzy edges of the letters on a computer. Maybe? Maybe not? But I can still bank like a champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too used to be decent at pool, but then my eyesight deteriorated and the cuts are not as good anymore.
It might be computers, or age of course, or maybe it is true what we were told as kids?

It is sad when you can not do something at a level that you used to, even depressing, but next pot I guess, never did have a nack for comlaining about bad beats.

Cutting is preferable to banking according to Minnesota Fats, well screw that, I can still play top level Poker for a few years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT