View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:10 AM

Default 66 hand, inspired by test

This is a hand that happened about a month ago. The villian is rather tough, but to say the least, he doesn't always play his A- game because he doesn't care much about the stakes.

Hero holds 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP 1.

Villian raises UTG hero flat calls.

No one else sees the flop. I really thought that I would get the multi-way pot this hand, maybe villians raise scared every- body off.

go the plan b: if I don't flop a set, I am ditching.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero senses that villian doesn't like this flop too much, villian confirms hero's thoughts by checking.

Hero bets, villian calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I wish it was a six, so I could be a bit more confident, villian checks, hero bets, villian flashes QQ and throws them in the muck.

I think to analyze this kind of situation, we have to look at TOP.

Villian knows my game well enough that I like to cold- call with hands like AQ. Seeing this flop could not be too encouraging for him. The problem facing villian is that he has to be over 67% sure that I am bluffing to make his call profitable. The only way that he could have played back at me was check- raising the flop.

Maybe this post is a bit results- oriented thinking (ROTtING, as I call it), but I think that it demonstrates what Deranged was trying to say.

I don't think that re- raising 66 is neccesarily bad. In this case of this particular hand, I had to use what my opponent knows about me against him.