View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Default What\'s your play here?

About 3 weeks ago at a wedding reception, my aunt tells me she heard that I make good brussels sprouts. She asked me to make some and bring it to her house on monday (my family goes to her house every Dec. 26th) and I said ok.

The problem is that she was pretty drunk at the time and may not remember asking me. At the reception, my mom made plans with her to go to dinner the following night, but the next morning she had no recollection of such dinner plans. This is why I think she may not remember asking me to bring the brussels sprouts.

If I bring them, and she remembers asking me or if I don't bring them and she doesn't remember, everything will be fine.

But if I bring them and she doesn't remember, I'll look stupid showing up there with brussels sprouts. Then I'll have to explain that she asked me to bring them but she must've been too drunk to remember, which would be a pretty awkward conversation.

OTOH, if I don't bring them and she does remember, then I'll feel stupid and have to make up an excuse like "oh, damn I forgot."