View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Hand #2, OOP trying to buy a few outs.

[ QUOTE ]
My first reaction is: Why do you raise the flop here? . . . you got a lot of folds but thats bad when you are drawing! You want people to call when you are drawing . . . only raise to protect when you have something worth protecting. (Ace high??)

BD flush and BD straight are MAX 3 outs . . . the straight isn't even that strong

On the turn You can't really raise for value against 1 opponent with the flush draw you picked up. Are you hoping he will fold?

Why do you raise the river? He has called you down so far . . . (if he is thinking) he most likely has a pair of T's with a kicker not good enough to raise with . . . Do you put him on a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response.

I raised the flop with the hope of folding a better A and cleaning up a few outs. I did not think folding was a good idea. I had no strong draws but a few weak ones combined. Since I was going to call, I thought a raise was slightly better for the reasons I stated earlier.

On the Turn, I wasn't betting for value, I was betting for fold equity.

On the River, I either let the pot go with a check or hope I can fold a better hand. I thought I had the odds to try to get him to fold.