View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

A year ago...
-I had deposited about 100 dollars in a PP account and was fooling around at the 5+1 SNGs
-lurked on 2+2 but didn't read any threads that had "long" responses in them
-Never truly thought I could make a lot of money at this, although I did think it'd be a cool thing to do
-hated school

today I...
-Since May have turned a $1000 (so far) investment (roughly 500 in online accounts, 300 in books, and 200 in software stuff) into nearly 10K.
-Spent and entire summer working 30 hrs/wk at a $7.25/hr job to pay rent and spent the remainder of my time focusing on improving my play in tournaments, mostly SNGs but also played in some low-buyin mtt.
-Have become very fustrated with the seemingly lack of progress on a couple of occasions but only to realize that when you keep working/thinking/improving your game it will eventually come around.
-Read a ton of 2+2 and tried to soak in as much as possible while posting responses on the rare occasions I thought I could offer something to a thread
-Learned what bankroll management is about
-Won a MTT for $1350 for my first ever big cash that allowed me to comfortably start four tabling the 22s
-Just started playing the 55s two weeks ago.
-Have paid for one semester's tuition, bought too much booze, and 2001fp with poker money.
-still hate school but am happy that I don't have to actually "work" anymore to pay for school.
-Have realized how many of the lessons poker has to offer are also applicable in the game of life and that I'm a better person for it.

oh yeah, I've also met two 2p2ers (non SNGers) in real life and have had AIM conversations with many others. You guys are a cool bunch! Except that skipper guy, he scares me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]