View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Private Draw Tournament

With PokerRoom's latest update, players now have the ability to set up private tournaments without emailing support, very similar to PokerStars. I bring this up because in addition to holdem (*yawn*), omaha, omaha/8, stud, and stud/8, five card draw is a choice. I would like to set up a five-card draw tourney for my friends to play in and would like some feedback as far as a good time and some of the options we have.

The lowest buy-in we can have is $5+0.50. I want it to be a small buy-in social event. It is possible to have a rebuy event, but I want to avoid that for this tourney.

We can play fixed limit, pot limit, or no limit. Fixed limit will give newbies the most play, but will last a while and is kind of boring. No limit will go the quickest. Pot limit is the best format for skillful play.

We can have either a "turbo", "regular", or "slow" structure. I don't know exactly how this works on PokerRoom, but I'd suggest "regular".

For prizes, we can have "flat", "normal", "steep", or "winner take all". I suggest "winner take all" because I want all of your money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually I'd suggest "flat" for a social game.

This won't be like the "Weird Poker" series that I pulled the plug on. I'm just looking for a one-time fun little event.