View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Why do people hit and run?

Admittingly having done this a number of times (HU), I'll shed some light on my reasons.

Usually when I'd play someone heads up, it would be for a decent chunk of my bankroll. I'd be playing way above my normal game where stealing/winning a pot or two would be a nice 'score'. I played 25/50 HU with a buy-in trying to get back to even. I achieved my goal with a big river bluff and quit. I could have won a lot, but I could just as easily lost it back if I stayed.

Some people just like the feeling of leaving a table up. There was a game where I check raised twice in a row, both times making my hand when I did (trips and a straight). When the guy called w/ dueces on the second CR, I figured he'd get the money back if I stayed. I don't tend to change my game much, so the longer I play someone the better chance I think they have of figuring me out.

Aggression generally can work wonders for a HU hit and runner because most people won't peg you as a LAG before you leave HU. Repeat customers are hard to find.

**Note: I went down huge by doing this kind of crap, but I've been very fortunate in the end. Look at it like the BJ system or constantly doubling your bet. Not sound poker at all.

Did this make any sense at all?