View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Flopping Middle Pair - What to do ???

Grunch:
If the table is loose I think the preflop raise is fine. Your bet count is wrong. 8sb preflop
Flop I count outs as 2o J, 1 1/2o A, 1o bdst dr. 4 1/2 o total. Getting 4 1/2 to 1, I also bet out especially after your preflop raise. Maybe someone close to you raises and we drive some out. Even paying 2sb here, we're covering our 9 to 2 odds. There are 14sb after flop action. Read SSHE about protecting your hand. Sometimes c/r will do it depending on where villians aggresion is likely. I think bb c/r could be any pair, st. dr, or fl dr.
Turn; I count your outs 3o K(no Ks),2o J, 1o A. 6outs could be too generous with 3 str cards and 2 fl cards. 6o on turn 6.7 to 1 and it's 8 bb to us. I call and hope mp doesn't wake up and raise. If he did and bb called, I call. If he did and bb 3b, I fold.
River; now it's 10bb. With bb ck, I think he either missed or made and going for c/r. Also mp might have made his str draw, so I ck behind and call a raise. You have aces up. You could still be ahead. Any K makes str. so don't bet out. Just my opinion. Comments appreciated.
Cat