View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: passive play in passive games, rakes, and the current state of 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
But you just can't allow yourself to get into a mentality of "what's the use of raising, since they'll call anyway?". Remember, you want them to call with dominated hands or other weak holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're absolutely correct there. For example, with TT, I raise from later position just because I have position and if there are a bunch of limpers I have value for my set, but I do have trouble with JJ/TT in the first two seats. I think it was HPFAP which specifically addressed the fact that the worst possible thing that can happen with JJ/TT is when you raise early and get 3 callers, then you're playing a 4-way pot out of position, you don't have the right odds to hit your set, and you have to be afraid of a single overcard. And I seem to remember Ed Miller saying not to raise with AJo in early position, although I'm not quite sure I like limping with much in early position because the whole point is limiting the field when you have big cards. And I forget which book it was that said if AJo isn't profitable from early position, you need to find a new game.