View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:22 PM

Default I Hate My Job Part 64

So I call out of work today. I've had this specific job for 3 months, I've called out twice. I'm not sure if that is acceptable or not. I make 12 dollars an hour, work with nobody my age (I'm 22) in the finance department of a hotel...The people actually are pretty cool, I think the biggest part to me is just waking up at 7am, I can't do it. I hate myself every morning... I figured this job would be good experience if I want to move to another finance position, but working for 12 dollars an hour also sucks.

I made about 20k this month from poker, but I could never see myself going pro... I mostly play MTT's and I think the swings would be too large. It's sad but the job I truly liked was being a waiter and I feel like I could just be a waiter and play poker for the rest of my life and be happy, but I would probalby never do it because of the stigma attached to old waiters.

I feel like there are no good jobs that are from the 12-8 range that I'm looking for. I just keep waiting for the World Poker Tour in the Bahamas, which I recently qualified for.

Not that I'm unhappy as a whole, but thanks for reading the vent sirs.