View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: cards flow hot and cold!!

my basic advice i was alluding to is that when things start running bad, tighten up some for awhile. and consult a SSHE starting hand chart to make sure you haven't got too far away.

i have a huge pet peeve with all these people saying "get away from starting hand charts". while i understand why they say it (different type opponents, shorthanded, no-limit), it just seems most people get miles away from those charts.

funny thing i've noticed at B&M... i hear people talking big "scare card" "confused me when you checked the turn" "i put you on QQ" etc. these people sound like they really know what they're doing, then they flip the cards and i'm incredulous at what they're playing. they think they're experts but they are violating the most basic winning poker principles (and this is low limit with calling stations, not negreanu/ivey/hansen country).. and i've seen it with every player who talked like that (admittedly not a big sample)..... i think tons and tons of people have got away from the basics.