View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Islams role in a peaceful society

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing I have read actually leads me to believe that pre-WWII Germans were bad people, in general. I think most were peace loving people. But ... they had read Mein Kamp, and had a pretty good idea what their leadership was thinking. When the war broke out, most fell into line and were loyal Germans.

This is what scares me about Islam. They know what is being taught -- they know what is in their scriptures -- and they don't renounce it. When they do, it is half-hearted. I believe that in the event they were called, many would find the calling has no conflict with their religious upbringing and consciense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this part is scary. It give to much power to the leaders which can be abused. But remember that i.e. the American military is built up by the same principle. Do what you are told, it serves a bigger cause.

When a kurd leader friendly to the US makes a trade-off with US leaders agreeing that some off his political opponents will be attacked, does the pilot who fires the missile question the morality of the attack? (this happened)