View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Anyone get away from this? NL50

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a semi-connected board you don't really want chasers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this comment. I thought the whole goal was to get chasers at the wrong price.

That said, betting the pot gives them a worse price and one that won't give correct implied odds, and still is likely to get called, so I agree with the majority here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you want chasers but want to give them the worst possible price. Potting a multiway flop often won't cut down on implied odds that much, however, unless the hand they are drawing to is very obvious or there has been a large percentage of stacks already put into the pot.

Especially when there's another caller, someone who is drawing is now getting 1:3 on their call, and 1:4 if 2 callers in between. So in that respect you don't want 3 or 4 people calling on a very draw heavy board since it would be correct for one of them to with some sort of draw.

If you had a more disguised hand you were drawing to you would still be getting great implied odds on a $10 PSB if you put the opponent on a hand he won't be able to get away from and you both have $80 behind after the call.