View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: How do you handle the LAG tards?

I'd call down, expecting to once again see a smaller PP or a busted draw (assuming it stays busted after the river). Either that or a serious monster, but I don't know that he'd be able to contain himself on the flop if he'd hit one of those (unless he was holding 22, of course).

The line that he took on the previous hand you mentioned was just plain stupid, as you're well aware--until he shows me that he's capable of playing with a little more finesse, I'm not going to respect any of his other moves, either.

And, as was already mentioned in the thread, if you felt the need to fold to a turn c/r, you should've just checked through with the intention of calling a river bet. Yeah, you're going to be giving a free card to a live draw pretty often that way, but against this opponent, you're going to collect a lot of river bluffs, too.

Regarding the pot odds that Hero is getting to call down in this smallish pot: you have to include the odds that your opponent is bluffing as well, particularly against a player that has already demonstrated the ability to make repeated, outright stupid bluffs in the past. Against a normal opponent this an obvious fold to the turn c/r--against this opponent, this is an obvious calldown because Hero is going to be good (at least on the turn) pretty damn often here. Factor in the metagame aspects of it (tilting this particular player, discouraging other players at the table from bluffing) and I don't feel particularly bad at all about putting in two more bets on this one.