View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Cash Game Help Needed

[ QUOTE ]
I try my best to maintain a tight/aggressive image, but I'm not afraid to mix it up from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Mixing it up" (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) means changing your play in a hand based on your image in the eyes of the other players in the pot (what you think they think you have). It's a common misconception that "mixing it up" means randomly making aggressive moves for little or no reason. It sounds like this is what you think it means.

If you are playing more straight forward against players who think (or know) you are bluffing a lot, then you are mixing it up. If it hasn't sunk in over 4 sessions that you're now rarely bluffing in their pots, and they're still calling you down with any piece of the flop, this is a good thing for you.

Remember though that everyone at the table doesn't have the same image of you, and most probably don't have any reads at all or just fail to adjust to them, which means mixing it up is pointless against them, and you're better off adjusting your play based only on your image of them.