View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Results and Panel Comments

I understand that some of you have found this hand to be incredibly straightforward. I do agree that it didn't have quite the complexity of our last hand. However, it's very typical of online MTTs when you are easily playing for your entire stack on any single hand. I also think this hand is a good discussion on the concept of "Way Ahead / Way Behind" as from the flop on that was the case.

I personally found value in this hand right away. There were two situations I've played recently where I drew from this hand. The first, I induced a bluff from a smaller Ace. The second, I kep the pot small enough that I didn't lose as much as I could have. And had I thought about this hand a little more during a tournament today this post might not be up yet since I'd still be playing!

And let's not forget, this was submitted by Gigabet. Most would say he's at the very top of the MTT ladder. Perhaps, just perhaps, we'll be able to learn something that makes a small difference in our game. And it's those small differences that really separate the good from the great players.

Gigabet has submitted some of his thoughts already and I've asked him to contribute further to this thread. So hopefully everyone will have an opportunity to ask some questions and find out why he thought this was of the most interesting hands he has played.