View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: absolute morality - relative morality = 0 ?

[ QUOTE ]
Who/What is it that is guiding you. Thoughts, but where do the thoughts come from?

After you let your morals guide you, did you feel as though you were reaching deeper truths? If yes, then wouldn't you already be on the path to moral absoluteness? And if you are on the path to moral absolutness now, when did you first walk on the path? When you learned your first truth, or did you always know what your morals were/are?

[ QUOTE ]
Conclusion. If there is an absolute morality I can do no better than follow the guide of my moral feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Following the truths in your head lead to truer relative truths, but ultimate truth, which manifests ultimate morality, is not a concept, which thoughts/guiding priniciples are.

- Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking it doesn't matter where the moral feelings come from. I'm not saying they are correct (assuming an absolute morality to make the concept of correctness valid).

The question I wondering about is, how can I do better, in any situation, than trust my moral feelings? Assume the feeling may be misleading, then what can I do that is better?

chez