View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Don\'t screw with a winning game

I'm a 2BB/100 winner at .25/.5 through 5/10, and so far at 10/20 and 15/30 a bit better than break even, but not enough hands there to truly judge.

My WTSD percentage has always been low, about 32%, but I didn't stress it because I felt I had a pretty good game. Reading a number of posts here, 32% seemed universally considered too low though.

So, I figured I'm starting to get into higher limits, 10/20 and 15/30, and I'm doing ok so far though not great (.75BB/100 in about 4k hands). So, I'm trying to see more showdowns HU with pairs and ace high. Picking boards that don't have much in the way of flush/straights, things with paired boards that people aren't likely to hit. Low boards where I hit middle pair and the villian raise preflop and likely has overcards.

The result, -350BB in about 2500 hands, the absolute worst run I've ever had. Yea, I'm seeing more showdowns, but now I'm constantly going "I know I'm beat, but I fold too easy". I call...I'm beat.

Moral of the story, true probably with any stat, don't [censored] with a winning game. If you've got a stat out of whack, recognize it, but don't work on it intentionally, it'll just screw you up.