View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: 22 - QQ overpair wuss fold

[ QUOTE ]

i disagree that making a larger raise makes it obvious that you have qq-aa. in fact, it often may appear that your hand is more vulnerable if you raise more, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the weaker players at this limit don't care or notice. They play their hand if they want to play their hand, no matter if I raise 5xBB or 8xBB here.

But you also have a pretty large group of decent and good players. And the larger raise tells them exactly what you have in my experience. So raising less invites them to call with hands I most often dominate. The drawback is of course that sometimes you get outflopped and you stand to lose all your chips when you have overpair.

[ QUOTE ]
as for the bet and min raise on the J66 flop you can only be worried about JJ and x6.

does jj or x6 bet into a preflop raiser? probably not. most likely they slowplay.

does jj or x6 min raise that flop? not likely. x6 wouldnt have any draws to fear except maybe a jack.

youre most certainly good here, probably up against 77-tt and qj-aj (by first to act and min raiser, respectively) i would suspect.

im pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense that someone playing x6 would slowplay it. But I often see these milking flop minraises with the nuts or the near nuts and have been burned by it time and time again. Perhaps my sample size is so tilted that I am playing this incorrectly. I think I have to start writing down what minraisers have from now on to see if my interpretation of them is warped.

If the flop was J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I would instapush since there was another thing the minraise could mean.