Thread: JJ
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: JJ

no you are probably not. i just threw out a semi-vague reference that does not really pertain to discussion of the hand. you posted the 77 link the other day by Nate tha' Great. it is not a good comparison as the entire point of his post is about loose flop calls and some other considerations which have nothing to do with this hand or the fact that you will be outdrawn a reasonable amount of times given this board. i just think he was one of the more prolific posters and as i have seen you reference him a couple of times i think you may feel the same. so i was saying, do you think he would fold here? i understand it is a marginal spot to be in given the draws out to get you, but i like to get money in while i am ahead but i think you are very likely best here. i think you should see the turn. just keep in mind the marginality of your hand and its vulnerability and play it as such. i would not usually give up on this flop, though. you don't have to go to the river, but damn bets are cheap on the flop. i would say raise to protect but hell the guys behind you called two cold pf, they may call again and the pot is so bloated you are going to the river and having to pay off. nice point but i peel here and look for a chance to protect on the turn if possible, and if not you can laydown then. it just seems you are giving up alot folding big PP's when people are likely drawing. when running good, bricks fall of and YHIG, when running bad every draw comes in. that's how it works.