View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: I\'m back - 88 in the BB

I'll give my thought process on the hand to see if this adds some discussion.

Preflop: There's a decent enough chance that SB is 3-betting lightly for me to have equity here and the chance of button having a big hand is minimal with the current read. Getting an immediate 3.5:1 with a solid hand, plus having position on the PF 3-bettor I feel makes this a go.

Flop: Looks like a pretty good flop for me. SB is betting out with any two given my read. A raise could be in order here, however there's a good chance button cold calls lightly and it will make it very hard to play this hand leading OOP. I decide to call, expecting an overcall from button and reevaluate on the turn.

Turn: Had the turn been an A or Q I'd likely fold to a follow-up SB bet. With a relative rag hitting, I'm getting 7:1 to call SB's turn bet. Again, SB is probably overcalling with a wide variety of hands, so if I want to see a showdown here it seems the best way to play it is a turn raise with a free showdown option should button fold. If SB were to donk the river after a turn raise, I'd be tempted to call simply from the pot size and the possible missed diamond draw.

With 7BB in the pot with me to act on the turn, does it seem reasonable to find a way to showdown given my description?