View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Feeling like everyone is bluffing me.

[ QUOTE ]
This is both normal and a pretty big leak. It's something you'll adjust to over time, but in the meantime:

-Pay attention to which players at your table are bluffing & semibluffing most often. Just as importantly, pay attention to who the passive ones are. When a passive player raises you, you don't have any business seeing a showdown with A high.

-Respect turn raises. There are players who will bluff at the turn, especially if the pot is heads up. But unless you have personally seen that particular player make that move before, you're better off giving him the benefit of the doubt and folding. Unless of course the pot odds dictate continuing with the hand.

-Don't bluff at calling stations. They'll happily give you free cards all night long, and they'll never, ever fold a pair. If you find yourself on the river with AK UI vs. a calling station, either check through or check/fold.

-Remember that no hand "deserves" to win. Just because you're dealt KK and the guy who called your raise preflop has a 98 VPIP doesn't mean that he didn't hit the ace that flopped when he bets into you. No amount of betting, raising, or otherwise trying to steamroller your opponents is going to change the times that you get outflopped (or outturned, or outrivered). If anything, refusing to give up on your strong preflop hands will get you sucked out on more often, because your opponents will see that you're "unlucky" or "a maniac" and stop folding to your raises preflop (note that this isn't always a bad thing, but you have to adjust your play in order to take advantage of it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this should be printed out and posted by every 2+2 limit players computer. This is gold Harv. I need to memorize this cause I have the same problem as OP and it's whats holding me in lower levels.