View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Leak #1 Overcards.

In an effort to actually improve my game, I have decided to actually post some of the leaks I feel that I have.

Leak number one (Scenario)

3/6 or 4/8 live on a table full of LAPs with a LAG or 2 thrown in.

I am on the button or cutoff with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4-5 limps to me and I raise it up. 5 see the flop.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

All check to me I bet. 3 call.
Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] All check to me. I fire the second barrel (Hell, I might get em to fold) 2 call

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] All check to me and I figure the only way that I am going to win this approximate 10 BB hand is with a bet so I fire again and lose to a call from a player with TP/WK or MP/TK. I think overall I am losing money on overcards.

Any ideas? Am I too aggressive with position?

Now that I think about it, I don't always do this just when I have position. I can do this from almost any position as well.

If I check the flop, how many outs do you count the over cards as having, on a ragged flop, a flop with 2 suits, and a flop that is like JT7?

Tomorrow, Am I too aggressive when the flop pairs?