View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Commerce 20-40NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What would you have done had he just called? I think he played his hand really horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know honestly, even if he would of just called i would have tried to get to showdown without putting in another dime.

i mean what possible hands can he be colding calling with?
i know this guy and if he had a naked five he would have led the flop trying to break AK.
and after a bet and raise i don't think he's coming with 3-4, so he must have a boat, and mine is the worst boat possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I can buy you not raising, definitely. But there will then be $8k in the pot. Tough decision when he bets $5k on the river. Not saying you couldn't find a laywdown, just that it's much tougher - and you definitely will at least give him $1200 more on the turn.

My point wrt him was that if he thinks you are going to push w/ 22 and the other guy has AA, his move makes no sense. I feel like his line was the one which made it easiest for you to get away from your hand. Whereas if he really thinks you have 22 and will play it strong or the other guy has AA (and all the money will get in anyway), I don't see any reason for his raise.