View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

When you speak again with party poker officials, you should use the "steal their thunder" concept, a concept party poker officials are well familiar with.

Remember when paradise poker was the top site in online poker? Then Party came along and stole their thunder thru the use of smart marketing and by offering many new-at-the-time games and options to poker players, such as tournaments, PL and NL games, etc.

Now that party is the number one site, it has to continue offering new games and options to poker players to remain the number one site. If they do not join ISOP, they will be letting these other smaller sites steal their thunder by offering new games and options - ISOP - to poker players.

can i cut and paste this for my final email to them sav??

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

seriously, thanks for eloquently pointing out another 'take' on this.

i think party, and ALL of the sites involved in this program are the stone cold nuts. nobody has been a bigger champion and supporter of online poker than granny. NOBODY. and that's not just Paradise, it is party and all of the industry. i was playing party when they could not get a full ring game going, so i have not only supported them with my words, but also with my actions.

but, i think party is at such critical mass with all the things they offer that adding ISOP to the mix may have looked at first glance to be a nuisance. however, they did not reject the proposal immediately. the fact that they asked for us to help them understand why ISOP would be a good fit, indicates that they clearly value the 2+2 community. that means it is now our job to finish the sell. we are greatful for this opportunity and hope we can get them to look at in ways that you mentioned in your remarks.

without divulging the list of sites, i am SUPER proud of the properties that have shown interest. the list of potential year-one sponsors is a list of sites that rank the very highest on issues of integrity, support and community involvement. they also rank high on traffic (i.e. we have some very large sites that are looking like they are commited)

there are no start-ups on our list, so this means that the sites that have shown interest are *not* doing this merely to snatch customers from the competition. they are doing this because they realize that any buzz created within a community like 2+2 is a buzz that is going to be good for everyone when looking at this from a broader scope.

there simply is nothing on the internet even close to 2+2. this is not only the BEST place to come for anything poker, but it really is the ONLY place to come. our 20,000 members plus our 20,000 browsers are a force and a source.

we are a force by sheer numbers and quality and we are a source for a tremendous amount of site revenue when taken as a whole. i would venture a guess that the average 2+2er will not only contribute exponentially more in rake to poker sites, but the average 2+2er will still be playing long after the casual player has come and gone. also, how much could it actually cost them in lost business? i would maintain that it will add to their business. but even if they did not agree with the numbers i would use to support this, i don't think they would disagree with the intangible value of the goodwill that ISOP would create.

let's say a string of regular 2+2ers win a few events. do you know how much value there would be in the ensuing discussions after each event? you could not put a price on the frenzy this community creates when they decide to back it.

just ask the empire500 guy
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

for this, we should be rewarded with participation in projects like ISOP.

finally, to freudian.

you said:

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect the risk of any Party player deciding to boycott Party because it doesn't promote the tour as a whole enough would be close to zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? who the F said anything even remotely like this? of course nobody would boycott party over deciding not to be involved! we would not want that!

your credibility on contributing here just took a nose dive with that melodramatic statement. why would you even suggest something that smacks of adversity? have you been trolling all along here?

yes freudian, i realize that nobody will boycott any site that turned us down. for you to suggest that is even how we think makes you a trouble maker imo.

boycott??

R
O
F
L

(sorry homer)