View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: The Variance Of Life.

lol actually, as I was writign the response, I realized I went off on a completely off-topic tangent but it was too late because I'd have to re-write and edit and thta's too much work.

As for variance in life, haha yeah.

I remember my bro told me recently how Jennifer Anniston said "there's so many good actors out there, and a lot of them you don't hear about, they are ther and they're great but they just don't make it, I did becaue I got lucky".

Really puts reality in perspective. It's a lot like poker. Some go tit like schneids and bicyclekick who went on huge tears and are now playing high limits heads-up and what-not. Others have put in just as much effort and are still grinding 15/30 or whatever.

Some cashed into big tournaments and got the bankroll to play higher limits, others didn't.

Same goes for life. Some met the perfect girl, some got hit by a car. Variance in life and in poker is the same thing. But I guess the lesson is: if you're doing what's +EV, you are well off because regardless of what happens, it's hard to shake you.

It's intersting actually how poker and life are so corelated on so many levels. I keep relating [censored] in life to poker. Making +EV decisions vs -EV. Slowplaying, raising, etc, lol. It's really funny at times, other times very serious and true.

For example how people don't keep proper bankrolls. How people go on tilt. How most people are fish, lol.