View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Wuss on the river? (5/10 euro stud)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't see an obvious drawing hand to put him on, so fire away.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the only obvious thing I can see is some middling straight draw which he will most likely raise if he catches and fold if he doesn't. There comes the question I guess...what % of the time do you put someone like this on a lower 2 pair that will pay off and what % are they drawing and will pop it when they hit. Also, I think you have to call down the raise here so you are potentially putting an extra bet at risk

[/ QUOTE ]

The diamonds are dead, so you probably aren't running into a flush on the river. It looks like he could have had 57 in the hole for a OESD on 4th, but he would have made it on 6th and most likely popped you. So his most likely hand going into the river is probably just a medium pair (and maybe 2 pair, but he probably would have raised 6th with that). Unless he has 67 in the hole, any str8 draw he has would just be a gutshot, so you are not that worried about getting raised (which you would have to call against an unknown opponent). Therefore, I'd say about 80% he will just have 1 or 2 pair on the river. He will always pay you off with 2 pair, and occasionally with one pair. You are only risking ONE bet by betting (namely the raise), because you were planning on checking and calling anyway. With all that being said, I would bet this on the river everytime against an unknown opponent.

Regards,
Carlos