View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: QQ UTG vs. good players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about this one for a while. I think I want a cheap showdown. I think I call here with plans to call down decent bets (bets I would have made anyway). I think we are up against 99-JJ or the wheel. If you are raise (which is not a bad play) and are called then you have committed your stack to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something i need to learn.. calling down with good hands when you're unsure and facing aggression.. normally i'd try to get it all in and hope im not up against KK-AA, 2pr or the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a really hard decision for me. I think it becomes much easier with any kind of decent read on villains normal flop bets, b/c I think u are usually against a set or overpair less than yours. Seems like a good/tough player could value bet his set and milk us for some money with "decent bets", or just push sensing weakness from Hero because of lack of aggression. How many people raise this flop and then fold to a push? What do you do when u call flop and villain pushes turn?